Monday, February 18, 2013

Beautiful Creation

There are many different kinds of women, teenage and preteen girls out there.  And by different I mean no two people are exactly alike!  We all have our own special little features, our funny sides, our smiles are all unique.  Things like that.  Just because our outer features are different and our personalities doesn't mean that we don't have many things alike and in common too.  Everyone has those friends or best friend that are almost exactly like you!  I have that special bond with one of my sisters in Christ, Alyssa.   Our hearts and desires are so much alike, we even look a little bit alike.  We've ended up calling each other "twin".     One thing I believe that almost every woman or girl has felt before is being unattractive.  Or as the world calls it "ugly".

There are too many girls and women in our world today lacking self-confidence because they feel as if they'll never live up to our worlds expectations of the word "beautiful".   You can barely go anywhere with out seeing those pretty models and actresses on magazine covers, on TV screens and posters. And everyone of them have little "tips" inside for making YOU a more beautiful person!  Am I right?   
I have to admit, I many times feel that I look ugly.  And fear that I don't fit in with other girls and young women my age.  I sometimes feel as if there is something wrong with me.  And I'll tell myself "Oh if I just had a prettier skin color, I'd be gorgeous." or "If only I had thinner hair, that was more shimmering"  and "If only I were like 20 pounds lighter.." .   Yes. I am guilty of feeling those thoughts.  It's not hard to do, and I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.   

I learned at a young age of 14 or so, something that I want to teach other girls and women everywhere right now!  Something that they can think back on and stop themselves every time they begin to question how they look naturally or why God made the features they dislike most.  

When you are working on a project such as sewing, baking or something crafty, maybe even photography, do you add things you dislike on those cake decorations or stitch a random piece on your blanket your sewing or put your finger in front of the camera lens to mess up the master piece?   Of course not!  You want that piece of yours to be as beautiful and flawless as possible! You want people to look at it, admire it and love it!   

Well little did you know that you are God's master piece!  Yes! You!  Girl or boy, you are God's beautiful creation.  And when He made you He added nothing that didn't make Him proud.  He added every feature on you!  He knew what looked best for you.  And unlike us, God makes NO MISTAKES.  
So don't worry about thinking something crazy like you were a mess up.  Because mess ups don't exist for God.  You were created by a perfect Heavenly Father!  A King! He took time to design every little thing about you and he didn't like it, he LOVED it!  And He still does!  Even know that you're in middle school, high school, college or at home being a stay home mother.  He see's the true beauty inside of you that sometimes you can't even see. He knew how you would look when you grew up, He knows everything.  And He still thought it was good.   
That doesn't mean everyone else in the world is going to think the same thought.  Unfortunately people will try to beat you down, call you names.  They'll pick on you, make fun but that's when you need to remember, you weren't made to please the world, you were made to please God

With that being said, always know that you are beautiful!  God made you and loves you!  

Smile! It's the prettiest make up you could wear! :) 

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" Genesis 1:27 


                                                                  Kaitlyn 


No comments: